Aliya is often a daunting experience for a family presented with an educational system and new school culture. Your child may experience difficulties with academic and social language in their new school environment and beyond. Children often feel alienated, bullied and lonely due to profound cultural differences.
Pre Aliya and Absorption services
- We help you gather the necessary documentation.
- We assist you in exploring the various options available to your child and guide you in navigating the Israeli school system.
- We advise you of your rights as an oleh and the laws pertaining to special education in Israel.
- We provide Case Management services and assist you in advocating for your child.
Educational, Therapeutic and Consultative services
- We provide a full evaluation with standardized diagnostic testing.
- Based on the results of the diagnostic testing we develop a prescriptive plan to support your child’s educational and psychological needs.
- We make recommendations that can be shared with your child’s school.
- We provide one on one remediation in the following areas:
- Skills for academic success
- Cognitive strategies
- Active Reading and Writing
- Executive Functioning skills
- Subject support in all area
We provide individualized and group instruction to help olim prepare for:
- The Bagriot High School Matriculation Exams
- The Psychometric College Entrance Exams
- The GED, SAT’s and ACT Exams
Therapeutic Boarding Schools and Residential Treatment
- We help you explore and understand the options and differences between Therapeutic Boarding Schools and Residential Treatment Centers
- We assess your child’s needs and assist you in ensuring the right fit
Transition, Gap Year and Vocational Counseling and Therapeutic services for young adults:
We provide the following services designed to make the most out of the transitional years following High School Graduation.
- Case Management/Liaison Services
- We help you make the right choice for your young adult
- We help you track your young adult’s progress
- We liaise with the school staff to help ensure your young adult’s success and facilitate communication
- We provide emotional or academic support for your teenager
- We provide both prevocational and career counseling to assist in post-secondary planning
- We provide training or counseling in the following areas for young adults
- Time management
- Independent living skills
- Relationship counseling
- Staff Development and Training Seminars for Parents and Professionals